Text Size

Current Size: 100%

How do I obtain information for legal proceedings?

Share by emailShare by email

Information held by the police is generally classed as ‘sensitive’ personal data under the Data Protection Act, and therefore any requests for legal proceedings (family/private or civil) would normally be expected to be submitted via a legal representative.

However, information may be considered for disclosure to a ‘litigant in person’ under Section 35(2) of the Act. 

If you are in any doubt please submit your request in writing to the Data Protection Team and we will advise you accordingly.

Email data.protection@nottinghamshire.pnn.police.uk or write to Data Protection, Nottinghamshire Police Headquarters, Sherwood Lodge, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 8PP.