Text Size

Current Size: 100%

How do I obtain a police certificate for emigration or VISA purposes?

Share by emailShare by email

A number of embassies now ask applicants to obtain police certificates to support applications for emigration or visa entries into some countries. These include Australia, Bahamas, Belgium, Canada, Chile, New Zealand, South Africa and the United States of America.

Nottinghamshire Police does not provide these certificates.

If you need to obtain such a certificate, you should contact the ACRO Criminal Records Office (ACRO) using the below link:

Apply for access to information about convictions, cautions, and juvenile cautions and reprimands held on the police national computer (PNC) via the ACRO website.

This takes you to an online application service provided by ACRO.