If you want to make a positive difference to people's lives, and you want the rewards to match, a career in the police could be just the job for you.
We offer a wide variety of rewarding job opportunities, from police officers to police staff posts in operational and support functions, with lots of scope for promotion and progression.
We believe that equality, diversity and human rights play a crucial role in the delivery of an effective police service for all. We come from many different backgrounds and have different life experiences but we all share a common goal – to make Nottinghamshire a safer place.
We'll Keep You Updated
Simply provide us with your name and email address, and we will notify you by email about future career opportunities as they arise.
Job Opportunities at Nottinghamshire Police
Not currently recruiting
Police officer recruitment is now closed.
Staff play a vital role in the running of the force, either in a supporting role to police officers, such as PCSOs and crime scene investigators, through to media and communications and back office functions such as finance and personnel.
We're currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Licensing Enforcement Officer - Mansfield Police Station (Closes 27th June 2013)
- Regional Intelligence Analyst - Grantham, Wigston or near M1 J27 (Closes 21st July 2013)
- Research Officer (temporary 12 month contract) x 2 - Across the organisation (Closes 27th June 2013)
- Operational Trainer – First Aid (Police Staff) - Based at Watnall Training Centre, Hucknall (Closes 20th June 2013)
- Operational Trainer First Aid - Temporary until 31/03/2014 - Based at Watnall Training Centre, Hucknall (Closes 20th June 2013)
- Counter Corruption Unit Researcher - Force Headquarters, Sherwood Lodge, Arnold (Closes 20th June 2013)
- East Midlands IS Project Manager - Core location is Nottinghamshire but post-holder will be required to travel to all East Midlands sites (Closes 20th June 2013)
- East Midlands IS Business Analyst and Developer - Core Location is Nottinghamshire but post-holder will be required to travel to all East Midlands sites (Closes 20th June 2013)
Special Constables are part-time, volunteer officers with all the powers of a regular officer. They play an important role in bolstering our front line policing capability.
Not currently recruiting
Recruitment for transferees is currently closed.
Police officers can apply to transfer from one force to another. This could be for personal reasons (moving closer to loved ones etc) or simply to continue their policing career elsewhere.
Police forces are lucky to have people who want to volunteer their time and expertise to help their local community. Nottinghamshire has volunteers who do a variety of jobs from assisting visitors at police stations to delivering mail and helping with admin.
Nottinghamshire Police is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.