Our Priority Plan
What is Our Priority Plan?
Our Priority Plan will change the way Nottinghamshire Police plans its business for 2018/19 and beyond as part of an ongoing programme of continuous improvement.
The plan is about creating a service that works by improving our 'business as usual' activities to remove inefficiencies and ensure we are spending public money wisely by investing our resources where they are needed most.
Our strategic drivers
At the heart of Our Priority Plan will be a clearly-defined set of principles which will be the strategic drivers for business change.
Our strategic drivers are:
- Engagement of people and relationship management
- Individual service and community-focused
- Evidence-based approach
- Identification of root causes
- Collaborative leadership
- Right first time, more often
These principles will become a key part of the Force's strategy in delivering the best possible policing service to the communities we serve. The principles build on learning from a range of organisations, and will draw upon the expertise of our own officers and staff.
This programme is split into four phases to run throughout the year, leading up to April 2018 which will see the Chief Constable launch his Delivery Plan to 2020.
The phases are as follows:
Phase one (May-June 2017)
- Each department conducts an assessment of its current ways of working, financial details and a SWOT analysis
- Based on this, proposals are made to an Extraordinary Force Executive Board at which point decisions can be made as to their viability
- Some proposals will be agreed immediately, others may require more in-depth review
Phase two (June-September 2017)
- Reviews will take place and details option for change will be developed
Phase three (September-November 2017)
- Costed business cases are developed
Phase four (December 2017-March 2018)
- Departmental budgets are prepared ahead of implementation in April 2018
Why we're doing it?
Nottinghamshire Police's mission statement is to "work with partners and the communities we serve to make Nottinghamshire a safe, secure place to live, work and visit".
The plan is about creating a service that works by continuously improving everyday activity and identifying and removing waste and inefficiency to re-invest public money where it matters most.
With Our Priority Plan, we will be a Force that is PROUD to progress.