Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Foreign Nationals Registrations

Share by emailShare by email

If you're visiting the UK you may be required to register with the police.

Your UK Entry Clearance visa, Biometric Residence Permit or your decision letter from the British Embassy will clearly state if you're required to register or not.

Check your documents carefully for one of the following. 

  • UK Entry Clearance visa - if it includes 'Pol Reg', Police Registration' or similar, you must register within 7 days
  • Biometric Residence Permit - if it has 'Register/Report to police' in the remarks section on the back, you must register within 7 days
  • British Embassy decision letter - if your letter states 'You are required to register with police', 'You and any dependents aged 16 or over must now register with police', or similar, you must register within 7 days.

Failure to comply with a requirement to register with police could lead to a fine of up to £5000 and/or 6 months in prison. Late registration could also affect any future visa applications you make.

Visitors from the following countries are required to register with the Police: •Afghanistan •Algeria •Argentina •Armenia •Azerbaijan •Bahrain •Belarus •Bolivia •Brazil •China •Colombia •Cuba •Egypt•Georgia •Iran •Iraq •Israel •Jordan •Kazakhstan •Kirgizstan •Kuwait •Lebanon •Libya •Moldova •Morocco •North Korea •Oman •Peru •Qatar •Russia •Saudi Arabia •Sudan •Syria •Tajikistan •Tunisia •Turkey •Turkmenistan •United Arab Emirates •Ukraine •Palestine •Uzbekistan •Yemen

Foreign Nationals can register at:

Mansfield Police Station, Great Central Road, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 2HQ

The station operates a front counter service, open 8am to 8pm between Monday and Sunday.

Central Police Station, Byron House, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 6HS

This station operates a front counter service, open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Certificate updates can also be completed at the following stations:

Radford Road Police Station, Radford Road, Hyson Green, Nottingham, NG7 5GX

The station operates a front counter service, open 8am to 8pm between Monday and Sunday

Beeston Front Counter, Broxtowe Borough Council, Foster Avenue, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1AB.

This station operates a front counter service, open 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

During the Autumn and Winter terms representatives from Nottinghamshire Police will be located the University of Nottingham and Trent University.

University of Nottingham, Student Services, Cherry Tree Lodge, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Nottingham Trent University, Student Services Centre, Newton Building, Burton Street, Nottingham 

You will need to arrange payment of £34 via Barclays Bank to do this:Attend any Barclays Bank branch and ask to make a payment to Nottinghamshire PCC. You must not use any form of computerised paying in system.

Sort Code: 20-63-25            Account number: 80601470          Reference: 31C6101-1F170-YOUR SURNAMEBring the receipt with you when you come to register, we cannot register you without it.

Please bring the following with you to register:

  • Passport
  • Completed questionnaire (attached to the email)
  • 2 Recent passport sized photographs
  • Barclays receipt
  • College/University letter of acceptance (if applicable)

Following registration please note the below:

If you wish to extend your stay in the UK please telephone the United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) on 0870 2410645, at least 6 weeks prior to that date, requesting that the appropriate form be sent to you. This form will then need to be completed and forwarded to the UK Border Agency, together with your Registration Certificate, Passport and letter of confirmation from the University.  You can also find the application form on the internet at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.

If you lose your certificateIt is your responsibility to report this to the Police immediately. DO NOT send your passport to the Home Office before you have paid for and collected your replacement certificate from the Police Station as this could result in serious delays which may affect your application.

If an extension of Visa is granted, you renew your passport or you change your address whilst in the UK take your Certificate of Registration and Passport to one of the above police stations so that your certificate may be updated.

If you leave the UK on a temporary basis (i.e. to travel home during mid-term) please have your Certificate of Registration with you when passing through Immigration Control.