We'll soon have a new website - Take a look and try out our new website experience

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Drugs and drug-related activity

Share by emailShare by email

Advice on what to do if you have been affected by drug abuse or you wish to report drug-related activity in your area.

I have found some drugs – what should I do?

If you have found prescription or illegal drugs, please call Nottinghamshire Police on our 101 non-emergency number to arrange for an officer to collect them as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you can also hand these in at your nearest police station.

Hypodermic needles

If you find a hypodermic needle in a public place, please do not touch it, hide it, kick it down the drain or put it in a dustbin, litterbin or toilet as someone else could eventually be injured.

Please contact your local city, borough or district who will arrange to safely recover them.

If you have been injured by a needle you have found, please visit your local accident and emergency department as soon as possible for confidential help and advice.

I think I know someone might be growing or dealing drugs. What should I do?

See it? Report it

We rely on you to be our eyes and ears to help tackle the problems that drugs cause in our communities. If you believe someone you know may be involved in the dealing or production of drugs, you can let us know by:

Any information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence.

What information will you need?

We will ask you to provide as much information as possible so that we can thoroughly investigate any reports we receive, including:

  • What you have seen
  • Names and addresses of anyone you think might be involved
  • Dates and times of when you have noticed suspicious activity
  • Vehicle registration numbers of those you think might be involved

When will you attend?

While we may not attend immediately, any information and intelligence you provide us with will be investigated appropriately to see if we can gather more evidence to increase our chance of a successful prosecution.

Drug abuse

I have a drug problem – where can I get help?

There are a range of support services available for anyone who has been affected by drug abuse and addiction. A link of drug support services and advice is available below.

Share by emailShare by email

A unique partnership made up of Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire Police functions, drawing on civil tools and powers and a support network of specialists, all working towards a safer and cleaner city. Tel: 0115 915 2020

Share by emailShare by email

Tel: 0115 981 9911 (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)

Email: customerservices@rushcliffe.gov.uk

Share by emailShare by email

Contact details for FRANK, which offers free confidential drugs information and advice 24 hours a day.