Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Firearms, shotguns and explosives licensing

Changes to Firearms and Shotgun Certificate applications from 1 April 2020

Nottinghamshire Police will accept an application for the renewal of a firearm or shotgun certificate without first submitting a medical verification form or report, if your GP is not able to provide this at this time. A report will still be required in the near future when your GP Surgeries return to business as usual.

More information about how these changes affect your application are available on the Firearms, shotguns and explosives licensing web page, along with a template for requesting for this information from your GP.

Important notice

  • If you believe a firearm has been used to commit a criminal offence, please call 999 immediately.
  • If you believe someone you know may possess a firearm without proper authorisation, please call Nottinghamshire Police using the non-emergency 101 number.

Firearms, shotguns and explosives licensing