We'll soon have a new website - Take a look and try out our new website experience

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Report illegal or inconsiderate parking

Share by emailShare by email

Report someone blocking your property or driveway

Before you call

Before you call, we ask that you make your own enquiries locally to trace the owner of the vehicle to ask them to move the vehicle. If the vehicle is linked to a local school, business or other venue (such as a pub or restaurant), we would also ask that you make enquiries there.

If you wish to pursue a complaint of obstruction against the owner of the vehicle then you must be willing to make an official complaint to the police which could mean making a formal statement and may involve you going to court.

When you call

Call Nottinghamshire Police on the 101 non-emergency number, but note that we can only take action if someone is blocking your property and you need to access your property immediately.

We cannot take action if someone is blocking your property but you do not need immediate access to leave your driveway at the time of calling, for example.

To report all other parking enforcement issues

It is important to comply with parking restrictions which are indicated by traffic signs and/or road markings. Infringements to these restrictions are enforced by local councils: