Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Direct Entry Inspector programme

Share by emailShare by email

Interested in a career with the police service, joining directly at Inspector rank? Nottinghamshire Police, in partnership with The College of Policing, are delighted to announce that the application window for Direct Entry 2019 is now open until 18 February 2019.

About you

If you are an experienced middle manager, senior manager or director in any sector looking for a more rewarding career where you can directly help people and make a personal difference to the lives of people in all of our communities, you are being asked to consider a switch of management career into policing.

The Direct Entry programme recruits people at the senior rank of Inspector and requires dedicated, talented, flexible and proven leaders from outside policing.  No previous policing experience is required.

Working for Nottinghamshire Police in this critical operational role, you’ll be on the front line of crime initiatives, providing leadership and making decisions during major incidents. Day-to-day, you’ll lead and supervise constables and sergeants, using resources and managing budgets in the best way possible. Always working to the highest standards, you’ll challenge existing practices, creating positive outcomes for the community, the police as well as your own development. Confident at building partnerships and leading effective organisational change, you’re also a creative thinker, dedicated to long-term, strategic improvements.

About the programme

The two-year programme is a blend of classroom learning delivered at the College of Policing’s regional training centres and operational training and development within Nottinghamshire Police. You’ll spend 80% of your training working on operational rotations - learning first-hand what policing is all about. The remaining 20% of your time will primarily consist of taught lessons delivered at one of the College of Policing's sites.

If you are interested in applying, please contact talentsupport@nottinghamshire.pnn.police.uk

How to apply

APPLY NOW

Recruitment lines open at 10am 7 January and close at 11:55pm 18 February.

Key dates

  • Closing date for applications: 11.55pm on 18 February
  • Shortlisting of applications and initial force interview: Between 19 February and 12 May
  • Assessment centres: Between 19 June and 3 July
  • Final force selection interviews: Between 10 July and 14 August
  • Pre-employment checks: From 14 August
  • Programme start date: 18 November 2019

Further information

You can find further information regarding the programme and the role on the College of Policing 'Lead Beyond' website.

You can also download the following documents:

Candidates can also email talentsupport@nottinghamshire.pnn.police.uk if they need further information about the role.