Text Size

Current Size: 100%

I am experiencing domestic abuse. What should I do?

Share by emailShare by email

If you find yourself in an emergency situation, for example, if you're being subjected to physical violence, always call 999

At all other times call us on 101.

If you live in Nottinghamshire, you can call 0808 800 0340 - a 24-hour freephone helpline to talk to someone about your experiences, or to get help to leave. You can also textphone 0808 800 0341 between 9am and 5pm. 

If you're injured, it’s important to seek medical attention and tell your doctor how you got the injuries. 

This evidence can be used to support a criminal prosecution or a civil court action against the person who caused them.