Text Size

Current Size: 100%

No one has been charged or I don't wish to help with the investigation. Am I still entitled to the services?

Share by emailShare by email

You are entitled to access services under the Victims’ Code regardless of whether anyone has been charged or convicted of an offence relating to criminal conduct and regardless of whether you decide that you do not wish to co-operate with the investigation. However, if you are considering making an application for criminal injuries compensation, you should be aware that an award will be withheld unless you have cooperated as far as reasonably practicable in bringing the offender to justice.

Whether or not you choose to assist or be involved in the police investigation, you are still entitled to support from Nottinghamshire Care. Victim Support is completely independent of the police and offers a free and confidential service.