Text Size

Current Size: 100%

What happens if I go to court?

Share by emailShare by email

If you were the driver, you can challenge the alleged offence in court. 

A court appearance would be your choice as an alternative to a Speed Awareness course or Conditional Fixed Penalty, if offered. 

If you are found guilty, the magistrates can decide upon any fine or penalty points to be awarded. 

However, the court can increase the fine or points if it is deemed appropriate, and impose costs.