Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Lost property

Share by emailShare by email

I have found some lost property. What should I do?

If you've found an item in the street, you should hand it in at a police station so it can be traced back to its rightful owner.

How do I report lost property?

To report a lost item - including your passport or benefit information - we advise that you visit a police station.

You'll be asked to provide the details to the enquiry officer who will issue you with a lost property record number. If your item is handed in to us we will contact you using the details you provided to collect it.

101 is the number to call when you need to contact Nottinghamshire Police and it’s less urgent than a 999 call. Calls cost 15p, no matter how long the call lasts.