Nottinghamshire Police are a pioneering force who have led the way in many areas of policing. We were the first force to launch the Police Degree Apprenticeship Programme, the first force outside of the Met to have a dedicated Knife Crime Team, the first force to meet the Op Uplift targets and we have recently seen validation from our staff through the Staff Survey scheme.
You will train at our new purpose-built £18.5m facility with gym and sports hall in Sherwood Forest – the home of Robin Hood - but above all, you’ll be joining a progressive force described by policing minister Kit Malthouse in April 2022 as a force 'at the top of its game'.
Located in the heart of England, Nottingham is considered one of the UK’s core cities and among the 10 best places to live, work, and raise a family in the UK. (source: OneFamily)
There's something special about working for Nottinghamshire Police. If you decide to join our policing family, here’s what you can expect:
• a starting salary of £21,402 (£19,164 for PCDA), rising up to £41,130 after just seven years, plus additional benefits including a pension scheme and holiday entitlement;
• our benefits scheme which gives you access to offers and discounts on a whole range of things – from holidays to shopping;
• continual opportunities for advancement throughout your career including opportunities for promotion and specialisation including: Detectives, Major Crime, Counter Terrorism, Safeguarding, Firearms and Roads Policing;
• a focus on your continuous professional development which includes a structured Performance Development Review (PDR);
• a well-established wellbeing programme ensuring that you are supported in everything you do – this includes our Welfare Services, Occupational Health team and staff support networks for underrepresented groups including our Race, Faith, Disability, Gender, LBGT and Neurodiversity networks;
• a unique culture where people convert their passion into action and are trusted, supported and empowered to take responsibility to do the right thing