Our Code of Ethics, Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the best performing police force in England and Wales.
We will know we have achieved our vision when we are consistently ranked
- In the top five forces for victim satisfaction
- In the top 10 forces for reducing crime and antisocial behaviour
- National leaders in demonstrating outstanding value for money
Our PROUD Values
Everyone who works and volunteers for the force is united by a commitment to our shared PROUD values.
- Respect for all
- One team
- Utmost integrity, trust and honesty
- Doing it differently
Policing Code of Ethics
Our PROUD values are underpinned by the College of Policing Code of Ethics for everyone working in policing.
The Code of Ethics, developed by the College of Policing, sets out the standards of behaviour that the public can expect from all officers and police staff in every role, at every level. The code was approved by Parliament on Tuesday 15 July 2014
To understand more about the Code of Ethics watch this video.
Our five-year Policing Plan outlines what we are doing well, the areas in which we can improve and our plans to meet future challenges.
The plan is developed in conjunction with the public and the force's criminal justice partners.
For 2013-2018, our priorities are
- To cut crime and keep you safe
- To spend your money wisely
- To earn your trust and confidence