Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Appealing against the decision to discontinue

Share by emailShare by email

You can make an appeal against a decision to discontinue your complaint. To discontinue means to stop the complaints process once an investigation has begun.

You can appeal if

  • your complaint was about the conduct of a police officer or member of police staff
  • you do not think we should have decided to discontinue.

You can't appeal when your complaint relates to a direction and control issue. Direction and control means the overall policies of a police force, for example, police resources and policing standards.

We must receive your appeal within 29 days of the date of the letter telling you about the outcome of your complaint.

Please complete this form to make your appeal.

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.